December 19, 2012
December 3, 2012
It's December already, and if you are already shoppin', be sure and save yourself some time to drop onto my massage table - I have a few appointments open this month. I'll help squash out the Bah-Humbugs and Grinches in your tight shoulders, make your tense muscles melt like a snowman in Texas, and bring back your holiday glow under my mistleTOE!
So what's Heeling Sole got in store for you this Heeling Holiday season?
- Gift Certficates for specific services
- Gift Certficates for dollar amounts
- Couples Massage Class right after the New Year
Gift Certificates are great for stocking stuffers, presents for that special someone or for the boss you wish would chill out, AND they are easy to wrap! Available in any dollar amount, or for any barefoot massage service on my menu!*
I'll be offering a Barefoot Massage for Couples class on January 5th - it's a great way to start your New Year off on the right foot. Resolve to spend more quality time together with the one you meet under the real mistletoe. The healing power of touch is amazing, and I'll teach you easy ways to help your family “heel” with some barefoot massage tricks. Sign up for the January 5th class here, it's $45/couple.
The supply store at my office is over-stuffed with great gift ideas. We've got shelves full of aromatherapy, allergy remedies, self massage tools, all natural crèmes, lotions and oils, as well as relaxing music and great books. I can even order you discounted professional-grade massage tables and supplies if you want!
*Hot Tip: Prices for my 90 minute and 2 hour long sessions are increasing slightly starting January 1st. If you buy a Gift Certfiicate for a 90 minute or 2 hour long session, the 2012 prices will be valid for that gift. Gift Certificates for flat dollar amounts only go towards the price of the service at the time the gift card is redeemed. So make sure you buy a gift certificate for a specific service if you want it to be fully paid for in 2013. Otherwise a Gift Certficate for a flat rate $115, for example, would cover a 90 minute session in 2012, but in 2013 the gift card recipient will need to pay $5 at the appointment to fully cover the cost of the massage.
Mele Kalikimaka! ~Jeni
November 23, 2012
Sorry everyone - the fun Ashi-Thai at Lululemon event for today is cancelled due to a family emergency.
Also please be patient with my schedule in the office, I will be available to give you a massage as soon as I can.
Thanks for your understaning...
November 21, 2012
November 19, 2012
Lets talk about the benefits of Ashi-Thai:
*Ashi-Thai™ is the newest barefoot massage technique to hit the scene.
*The curriculum is the first of its kind!
*It’s hip with a little Zen sprinkled in: Think table Thai meets the deep broad compression's of Ashiatsu.
*Less aggressive than traditional Thai Massage and ancient back-walking techniques
*Just as effective as active and passive personal training stretching regimens
*As relaxing as the most luxurious massage.Check out this page to see what this new twist on an ancient art of healing is all about
Sign up here for the next available Ashi-Thai class in Texas with Ashiatsu instructor, Jeni Spring!
November 14, 2012
For any massage therapist ready to learn Ashiatsu TOMORROW!
October 22, 2012
You probably already know by now that I’m going to be presenting at the World Massage Conference this year... and I’d love for you to watch me trip over my words! It'll be a great time and you'll learn a lot about the form of massage that I am way too obsessed over! This is a “virtual conference” that is streamed over the Internet, so you can watch in the comfort of your home or office. I'll be in my pajama's, so it's only fair that you are too. All the live presentations will be recorded and available to watch at your convenience - so if you can't catch me live on November 12th at 6pm Eastern time, you can download the show later and watch my presentation anytime!
The guru's behind the WMC explain the online conference concept better than I do, so take it away Melanie:
It’s the largest event in the history of massage with over 15,000 attendees expected this year and it features 50 of the top massage experts from around the world. (YAY! They think I'm an expert!!!) I’ll be in the company of some of the professions most respected educators and I am so very honored and excited. Here’s the focus of my presentation...
The Benefits of Barefoot Massage - Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy...
In this presentation you’ll discover a very specific style of barefoot massage: Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy (AOBT), which is a western application of barefoot massage that uses deep compression and effleurage strokes applied while the practitioner holds onto bars overhead for support and balance. You’ll get a thorough overview of this unique modality and learn benefits, uses, contraindications and safety measures involved in the technique.
At the World Massage Conference you’ll have access to 50 hours of continuing education (1.5 of those from me!) and you will be able to interact with me and the other presenters by submitting your questions to us or by joining us to talk one-on-one in the chat room. Ask us anything: you'll have a chance to pick our brains and get your questions answered.
Click the link below for all the details and to get registered:
I'd love to see your name show up on the WMC Chat Room, so please join me on November 12th at 6pm Eastern Time. I’m looking forward to seeing you there,
Thanks so much!
|Jeni Spring, LMT, MTI |
Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapist (AOBT)
Authorized Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy Instructor
October 8, 2012
We just wrapped up another great class in Texas, and four more Massage Therapists now have double the training, double the material and double the fun with their newly aquired two footed Ashiatsu technique!
Listed from left to right, back to front, please welcome: Pauline from Ft Worth Texas, Sazi from Truth or Consequenses New Mexico, your Texas Ashi instructor Jeni in the middle, Colette from Austin Texas, and Robyn from Duncanville Texas.
Using two feet is pretty neat, and these girls are your newest advanced level AOBT therapists. Great job this weekend!
Texas Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy Workshop Schedule
- Click each listing to read more!
- November 12th, Featured Presenter at the World Massage Conference (Mon)
- January 10-12, Barefoot Basics, San Antonio TX (Thurs-Sat)
- January 13, Anterior/Sidelying, San Antonio TX (Sun)
- February 10-11, Ashi-Thai, San Antonio, TX, (Sun-Mon)
- March 22-24, Barefoot Basics, San Antonio, TX (Fri-Sun)
- March 25, Anterior/Sidelying, San Antonio, TX, (Mon)
- April 17-18, Ashi-Thai, San Antonio, TX, (Weds-Thurs)
- April 19-21: Advanced Ashiatsu, San Antonio, TX (Fri-Sun)
- April 2013 Texas AMTA Convention, Marketing Class, Corpus Christi, Texas
- May 9-11, Barefoot Basics, San Antonio, TX (Thurs-Sat)
- June 23-24, Ashi-Thai, San Antonio, TX (Sun-Mon)
- September 25-28, National AMTA Convention, Ft Worth, Texas
October 2, 2012
The latest newsletter just went out to those of you on the Heeling Sole email list. It's jam-packed full of information on how to listen to your favorite music during massages, earn free Ashiatsu, Ashi-Thai and Ashi-Anma sessions, and get exclusive existing client only offers!
...ok ok, I give in. Here's a link to the newsletter so you can read the latest email now!
June 17, 2012
Are the summer days slow at your massage business? How about taking a family vacation that you can write off? San Antonio is an affordable and fun family destination with Sea World, 6 Flags, the Riverwalk and the historic Alamo, and it's the Texas home of "the Deepest, most Luxurious massage", Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy!
Sign up for any class this summer in San Antonio and be entered to win a free night's stay at our preferred hotel!
Regularly priced at $133/night, Ashiatsu will students get a great deal at $79/night - with the chance to have one of those nights free, your vacation just got more affordable!
What you get with this hotel:
- Free breakfast & dinner daily (And it's REAL food too, healthy and yummy)
- Free WiFi
- Free shuttle to/from airport and to/from anywhere within 2 miles of the hotel: INCLUDING rides to Ashiatsu class and back! No rental car needed!
- 3 free drinks at the bar daily, and any-time access to their personal soft serve ice cream and espresso machine's! (My personal favorite perk)
- Pool, Hot Tub, BBQ, Fitness Center & Laundry
Enroll in any class held in San Antonio - or all 3 to increase your chances to win!
Sign up by July 3rd, the drawing will be held on the 4th of July
June 14, 2012
June 3, 2012
It's finally summer time in hot, hot Texas! But when is it not such a hot idea to get an Barefoot Massage?
Don't get me wrong: I am so glad to have the opportunity to massage you and I really appreciate your business - but there are times when we just have to say NO to barefoot massage. I usually only get the chance to review this information with you when it's all too late, and this subject has been coming up a lot lately, so the universe is telling me it's time to talk about it... so lets go over it together now and hope that the worst never happens to you. (The "worst" meaning having to reschedule a massage due to health issues, EEK!)
You all realize by now that Barefoot Massage falls into a category all of it's own in the massage realm: it not only is unique, it works and feels great, but it also comes with it's own extra cautions to be aware of. As the Spiderman movies have taught us, "with great power comes great responsibility."
Please know that I am by no means a doctor, and I do not diagnose or prescribe anything. I do need to know what is happening with you so that I can work safely within my scope of practice, and help you with the best possible results in each massage. If there is an alternative form of bodywork that would better suit your current situation - then give it a shot! If you have any questions about any of the following lists, write me back! I'd love to dive in deeper.
When Barefoot Massage is contraindicated (AKA, not allowed!)
- If you are a woman that is pregnant or trying to get pregnant
- If you've had breast implants within nine months
- If you've had recent eye procedures/Lasik surgery within 72 hours
- If you have a history of Tuberculosis, thrombosis, aneurysm, or ongoing kidney disorders.
- If you are currently going through radiation therapy treatments.
- If you've had any knee, hip, spine, shoulder, or major joint surgeries within 6 weeks
- If you have phlebitis or cellulitis Any Autoimmune Disorders (such as lupus, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, etc)
- If you are currently taking any blood thinners, pain killers, or muscle relaxants
- If you have uncontrolled high blood pressure or heart condition
- If you have a pacemaker, stint or shunt
- If you've had a rib or any bone fracture/break within 6 months
- If you have Osteoporosis If you have Guillian-Barre’ Syndrome, any neuropathy, or any neurological disorder that causes loss of sensation or muscle weakness
- If you have been on a plane flight longer than 6 hours within the last 24 hours prior to your massage appointment.
- If you are sick. (If I get sick, then I have to reschedule everyone!)
- If you don't like deep pressure during your massages
- If you weigh less than 130 pounds (Ashi-Thai and Ashi-Anma are OK for most any weight, but not Ashiatsu.)
- If you are under 18 years old.
The following situations do weigh heavily on your massage. Although we may not need to reschedule your appointment completely based off of any of these, it will definitely shape the plan of action I take during your session. Please be sure to let me know when scheduling your appointment if any of the following applies to you.
- If you have any extra hardware installed (IUD, joint replacements, fusions, rods, plates, screws, alien probes, etc)
- If you are diabetic, hemophiliac, or hypoglycemic
- If you have been diagnosed with any stage of a bulging disc
- If you have spinal stenosis, spondylitus, spondylolithesis (Any "spondy"!)
- If you've had any recent injuries (Dislocations, sprains, strains, bumps, bruises, whiplash, etc)
- If you've had recent injections of substances at joint or muscle junctures (Botox, saline, nerve block, epidural, corticosteroid, even birth control.)
- If you have had any kind of surgery ever - depending on the situation and how long it's been, I may need a doctors approval, and I may prefer that you finish your Physical/Occupational Therapy series prior to your session with me - or I might send you to my PT instead ;)
- If you are experiencing:
- Heavy menstrual cramping or abnormal flow cycle
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Low grade fever
- Acute intense pain that does not subside
- Numbness or tingling in any area.
- If you have been diagnosed with Osteopenia (early stage of Osteoporosis)
Now that I've probably scared you: don't worry about it. Please have a safe summer and just have fun! Thanks so much for trying out my work, I really hope it helps!
Heeling Sole Barefoot Massage - http://www.HeelingSole.com
April 3, 2012
http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/?af=1432100Looking forward to seeing you there, ~Jeni Spring, LMT, MTI
Certified & Authorized Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy Instructor
Heeling Sole Barefoot Massage
March 28, 2012
Do you love the awesome bodysurfing, backwalking, deep massages I do? Please vote "Heeling Sole Barefoot Massage / Jeni Spring" for Best Massage Therapist in the San Antonio Current's Best Of San Antonio survey by April 3rd! Remember to vote for 20 total categories for your voice to count! Thanks!
March 1, 2012
New Schedule for Jeni!
Starting this week, I'll be open EVERY SATURDAY that I'm not teaching a class! My new days off will be Sundays and Mondays. (Don't worry, if you are already scheduled for a Monday, I left that week's schedule as is and took Wednesday off instead!)
New Heeling Sole Hours:
Book your next massage online, and if what you want isn't available, there is a new "Waiting List" option, so you'll be alerted if someone cancels!
Dates that Jeni is teaching a class or out of the office & therefore not available for a massage:
I tend to book 1-2 weeks in advance
February 7, 2012
January 23, 2012
January 10, 2012
This public massage class offers a fun and relaxing approach to compassion and compression with your sweetie. You and your partner will learn basic barefoot massage techniques that are both easy to give and delicious to receive. Ever tried to give your partner a massage before? Some of us are naturals, but not everyone is blessed with the gift of giving a great massage. The secret is to make it fun and easy to apply…. And to eat chocolate.
This specific couples massage class will teach you how to give a deep, painless massage that can last much longer than the 5 minutes you might be used to before someone’s hands usually tire out! We are going to use our clean feet to deliver the massage to our partners who are lying clothed on a padded mat, while we sit back in a comfortable chair eating Bon Bons and Chocolate Covered Strawberries!
Massage with the feet? Different styles of barefoot massage and back walking have been in many different cultures for hundreds of years, an organic form of touch, rich in history and tradition, great for chronic pain, wonderful to share with your friends and family. With the use of the feet, the natural weight of the legs, and a comfy chair or couch, it’s the easiest massage to give to your sweetie, and it’s painless for both of you!
Partners will learn to do a complete RELAXING, stress-reducing massage in an atmosphere of safety, relaxation, and self-exploration. You will learn to find, to experience:
- How to massage your partner without getting tired
- How to give your partner the amount of pressure they desire
- How to overcome boredom/short attention span when giving massage
- How to address common complaints (shoulder tension, low back pain)
- Find a new way of showing your love and friendship for each other through touch
- Experience new levels of safety, connection, and appreciation for each other
- Restore passion and joy to your relationship with this fun massage
What to bring:
- Comfortable and flexible long sleeved shirt and long pants. (We have space for you to change here if needed.)
- Bring a pair of clean socks
- Bring two pillows.
Price: $150/couple includes
- 2 hours of “feet on” fun instruction from a Barefoot Massage professional
- A luxurious aromatherapy foot cleansing ceremony
- Time to both give and receive a 30 minute session with your best friend
- A take home massage instruction manual
- Chocolate covered strawberries and a glass of wine for all your hard work!
- Great for couples or friends - skip the usual dinner date and come learn how to massage with your feet!
January 1, 2012
The latest newsletter just went out the clients of Heeling Sole, check it out online HERE, or check out the PDF below. Don't forget to sign up here for the mailing list yourself to get these messages delivered to your inbox - sometimes being the first to know is super beneficial, especially when there is time sensitive offers available in the newsletter, like the free massage offer available in this one!