June 27, 2011

1 month, 2 feet, 3 states!

June has been a busy busy month for me and Ashiatsu! The 1st weekend of June was sun-tan Ashiatsu up at the Miller Creek Lavendar farm, where I set up my portable bars early in the morning to massage the DetermiNation runners of a Womens 5K/10k race! It was barefoot massage and mimosa's from Barefoot Wine, a great sunblock & lavendar scented morning in the hill country!

242646_10150195197859671_225106514670_6994073_4271695_o

The 2nd weekend brought me and Ashiatsu to downtown San Antonio at Hemisfair Park for Pride Fest, this time we had shade and some real fun music to dance on your back with! One of my local Ashiatsu students came to help, and we had a fabulous time with our rainbow-clad toes. Check out Denise on the bars: 

Img_19901

Then week number 3 brought me to New Orleans for a national scooter rally called Amerivespa! My husband and I rode our scooters around the big easy all week, and on Saturday I had arranged for some local Ashiatsu therapists to massage us and the other Amerivespa attendees, spreading the gospel of Ashiatsu to those who need it most! I worked a short bit and filled in on the massage chair at one point, but rebelled and used my feet. ;) This was by far, (so far) the best week of 2011 for me!

As soon as I got home and somewhat rested from New Orleans, it was time to hop a flight out to Orlando for the Florida State Massage Therapy Association convention. I met up with my fellow Ashiatsu instructor from Florida, Pilar, and the founder of Ashiatsu from Denver, Ruthie, and we demonstrated our work to hundreds of massage therapists! I met so many amazing people in the massage field that I've only ever emailed or read about before in magazines, I was a little bit star struck! By the way... Pilar and I made Top Therapists of 2011 ;)    (so did everyone else who stopped by the Massage Magazine booth, hah hah!)

 

So now that June is calming down, I'll be sticking around San Antonio for the next two months. Schedule a massage with me while you can, or try to squeeze into one of my local classes before I jet out again! I'm looking forward to my September Houston Ashiatsu class trip, where I'll be meeting up with a fun Houston scooter group to ride around with, and in October I'm heading up to Portland Oregon for the national American Massage Therapy Association convention with 4 other Ashiatsu instructors. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment